Monday, July 14, 2008

Queen Megan and Sunday Dinner

Every Sunday my immediate family has dinner together, which is something I look forward to all week. It is so nice and fun. We all take turns on who prepares the meal and this week was our turn. I don’t cook … fortunately for me, Jake does! Jake worked so hard and put together this amazing meal that was so delicious. I’m a lucky girl to have such a great husband!

After dinner I got to play with my nephews, which was so delightful. They are the world’s best comedians (I may be slightly biased). The boys just got a Wii and they were showing Jake and I how cool it is. It is really cool! The boys helped Jake and I design our own little avatars and every time Eli saw an avatar he recognized he would say “There’s Granpa!” or “There’s Meggie!”

My nephews, except for Eli, are slightly intimidated by Uncle Jake. Eli isn’t the least bit afraid of him. For example, we were sharing controls and I told Eli he could share with me. He got very quiet and sad and walked out of the room. I followed him and he went outside and told his Dad he wanted to share with Uncle Jake, not Meggie. I giggled and told him he could share with Jake and his whole face lit up. Then while we were playing the Wii Jake was sitting on the couch and Eli climbed up on the couch and cuddled up against Jake. Later without any prompting Eli ran up to Jake and threw his arms around him in a Biiiig hug! It was so sweet.

Another thing that Eli did last night that was super funny was he climbed onto the big leather chair and asked in his little sweet voice if I would put a blanket on him, so I did. Then he said “I need an ice pack” (he had to ask two or three times before I realized what he was asking for.) So, I got him an ice pack and he said “I need it on my back. Ice pack on my back, please.” Any time it shifted he’d say “Meg, ice pack moved. On my back, please.” He had it on for about 3-5 minutes then he let out a happy little “ahhh” sound and said “I’m done” and returned to playing.

4 comments:

TaLaisa said...

Aww. That is so sweet! Eli has a big heart. That big hug sounds like a 'my heart took a picture' moment for sure!

That spaghetti sauce was AWESOME! For reals. I loved it. And the bread was so so so yummy too.

The ice pack thing is a big big issue for Eli. It is hysterical actually. We laugh quite a lot because he sounds like an old man. "Ma, get the ice pack and my blanket, my back hurts!" Or "Oh my back, oh my back, Mom, oh my back hurts. I need the ice pack."

cbostler said...

I'm awarding brownie points for your post, Megan.
5 points for saying our dinners are
"nice and fun."
5 points for mentioning Jake's great food.
5 points for posting on the internet that Jake's "a great husband."
5 points for each of the three funny incidents you listed that prove Caleb, Gabe, and Eli are "the world's best comedians."
and finally, a whooping 20 brownie points for NOT stating that your Mother is an old fuddy-duddy that can't stay awake any later than 6:30 p.m.
That's a grand total of 50 points for this blog!!! Way to go, Megan the wordsmith.

aubrey said...

You have such sweet nephews! I love all the stories you have to tell of them, so great!

I licking my lips thinking of the delish meal that Jake made us....so good. I would like to sample his Italian Cuisine.

Houston said...

hehehe i think i'm going to just start making the sauce every weekend. it's cheap and easy. (just takes a lot of time!)